Hey Friends, long time no see!
How are you doing?
We’ve had some big life changes lately, which is the reason why I’ve gone missing from the blogosphere in recent weeks. If you follow me on the blog or twitter, you already know that we moved to Southern California a couple of weeks ago.
Yep, we’re officially beach bums now!
So far we’ve made a few trips to get to know the area from Downtown San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter & Embarcadero), to the coastal neighborhoods from La Jolla to Oceanside. Also checked out a few stores, the beach and a few parks in our new neighborhood.
Oh, and then there’s the weather. No more rain boots for this mama, oh yeah!
This is our new (although temporary) neighborhood:
Now we’re just trying to figure out our new California life here in San Diego, and hopefully I’ll be able to share some more of our shenanigans on the blog soon.
Things I’m especially excited about:
- Beaches and parks
- A gym membership – we toured one this morning and the little guy loved the child care area! Everybody wins!
- Yoga! Good thing San Diego is filled with yoga studios! Hope I can find something for downward facing toddlers, too!
- Shopping – oh, the opportunities are endless! Everything from cheap to high end!
- New fun foodie finds, such as Trader Joe’s Speculoos Cookie Butter that I’ve been stalking from Canada on other food blogs since it first appeared:
- fresh, local, organic produce (we’re hoping to join a CSA) and farmers markets