Long time no see!
I’m sorry, but I felt the need to disappear for a while from bloggyland. I just felt that my posts were half-hearted and I had nothing to say, so I decided to take a break and focus on other things instead.
What did I do, you wanna know?
Well, I read a book, for starters. In two days. It was a glorious, easy-to-read chick book and it was quite amusing.
I also upped my gym time to 3x per week (most weeks), because – wait for it – I signed up for a race. That’s right friends, this old lady is picking up running again.
Oh, and did you know that 2 year-olds are pretty time-consuming and energy-stealing?
Anyway, I’m back in time for What I Ate Wednesday, hosted by the lovely Jenn over at Peas & Crayons.
Some of my weekend eats. Here ya go:
- Evol chicken and cilantro burrito (Costco find), banana, cucumbers
- green tea
- Pale Ale at the SD Zoo (how awesome is it that they sell beer?)
- scrambled eggs and toast (obsessed with fresh parsley on my eggs lately)
- noosa yoghurt (so, so good)
- First “tall, nonfat, 1 pump, no whip, no drizzle gingerbread latte” of the season, paired with above mentioned book
- more yogurt (Stonyfield organic greek)
- Jackies Jam (on my toast) – it’s a local find and it tastes just like homemade jam. Strawberry Rhubarb is my favourite, although, plain strawberry is pretty dang delicious too, I have to say.
Do you like chanterelle mushrooms? What is your favorite recipe for them?
One of our favorites is definitely stewed chanterelles on toast. You can find out how we usually make them here. Easy and delicious and you have to try them!
Did you find any fun, local foods lately?
Apart from Jackie’s Jam, we’re also getting our farm box this afternoon and I can’t wait to dig in. I’m craving fresh veggies big time! And I still have some persimmons leftover from the last box… Any suggestions on what to do with them? They’re new territory to me.