Hey Friends! How have you been? I’ve been busy! And I wish, there was more of this:
I am working this coming Saturday, so unfortunately I will miss the farmers market.
But maybe the tomato fairy will deliver some of those beautiful heirlooms, while I will be hard at work? I hope it’s still season.
I’m also hoping for some more chanterelles, and this lovely beer bread from Whistler’s Pure bakery – yum!
The past weeks were kind of chaotic, diet-wise. I’ve been craving unhealthy foods lately, mostly salty snacks like chips, etc. *sigh* According to the scale, my weight is still the same, but I don’t feel good about my eats. Also, I’ve been very lazy on the exercise front! I’m trying to bring my gym stuff with me, so I can go after class, but if I’m also carrying 2 gazillion books around, I just don’t feel like lugging a whole bunch more – I’m using public transportation, by the way! Any ideas, fellow commuters? I’m seriously considering renting a locker, so that I can just leave my gym stuff there. I’ve also tried just going to class in my gym clothes, so a) I don’t have to change into them at the gym, and b) I don’t have to stuff my smelly runners together with my books. Ok, I guess I should stop looking for excuses and just go!
Today’s eats were, as mentioned above pretty random.
- Breakfast: Banana, OJ
- In lieu of a snack, I went to Starbuck’s: Grande Nonfat Coffee Misto
- Lunch: small salad (from the salad bar)
- Snack: Vegan Donut (using this awesome recipe)
- Linner: 1/2 stuffed pita pocket (with roasted pepper marinara sauce, mushrooms, cheddar), and 1/2 cup spicy lentil dal (from my freezer)
- Dessert: Banana, halved, topped with 1 tsp. almond butter and raw cocoa nibs, and then popped in the freezer for 10 minutes - yum!
Don’t say I haven’t warned ya! And now I have to think what to make for the hungry man for his dinner/my snack, read my book for class, read more for more classes, do laundry, pack my yoga stuff for tomorow, and then eventually catch some ZZZ’s!
See you next time!