Here we are: It’s almost the middle of March and as mentioned before, I decided to return to the stove to finally cook most of our dinners again.
Home-cooked meals have been missing in our home lately. I am so, so tired of overpriced, not-great-tasting takeout, and I don’t even feel like dining out right now (with the exception of Indian food tonight – yum!). So, in an attempt to save money (and calories), I decided it was time to whip up a rough, tentative dinner schedule, which I could always change if I wanted to. Check out last weeks eats:
- Monday: leftovers (pasta bolognese) + Hawaii 5-0 on the side
- Tuesday: spicy black bean soup
- Wednesday: Dijon-crusted chicken, steamed veggies and a blue cheese and pear salad on the side
- Thursday: ok, I failed on this one, but I had to submit come schoolwork, so we got Subway
- Friday: Ocean Wise* Cod a la Bordelaise, mashed potatoes, steamed veggies (unfortunately the fish “filet” was filled with bones )
- Saturday/Sunday: I usually keep weekends unplanned, because we can spend time together as a family, go out and eat, or just order in. Same for this weekend.
“Ocean Wise is a Vancouver Aquarium conservation program created to educate and empower consumers about the issues surrounding sustainable seafood.”
It is a pretty successful program, with many Vancouver restaurants now offering Ocean Wise seafood and fish options, and I am lucky to live in a city with such awesome food choices.
I’m also so, so excited about the return of veggies: I can tell you it is hard to try and eat healthy while taking care of a little one! I’m finally able to make smoothies again, because we bought a new blender, so this is an easy way for me to sneak in one or two servings of veggies.
Alright my friends, since this week is almost over already, I will get back to you with our tentative meals for next week instead. The plan is to cook most of our weekday dinners, but weekends are wild cards with the option to eat out or order in.
Do you plan your meals? Can you stick to the plan or do you change it frequently (like I do)?
Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!