I really can’t seem to catch up with blogging lately. Chasing a one and a half year-old around all day long will do that to a blogging schedule. Add a whole bunch of outings, appointments, paperwork and a cold into the mix and I’m one tired mama. But at the same time I’m savouring every minute with my little man, because he is just growing so fast!
- Toddler family yoga! Love it! The instructor is so nice with the little ones, I almost regret not joining the class earlier.
- There’s a whole bunch of mindless snacking going on, but I won’t go into details, because it will make me crave more of that stuff.
- The slow cooker and I are BFFs.
- Oh, and we got our work visas for the US!! California, here I come!!! We’re already looking for places to live and things to do, and we are super excited to be living in sunny San Diego.
Yesterdays eats were easy-peasy, because I felt lazy and had a cold, so I didn’t want to hang out in the kitchen all day. As usual, I’m linking up with the lovely Jenn from Peas & Crayons. Feel free to hop over there to 1.) congratulate her on her recently announced pregnancy and 2.) to check out some other fabulous food bloggers!
Breakfast was ready when I woke up:
I basically filled my large Nutribullet cup with 1/2 a chopped mango, an apple and spinach and stored in the fridge overnight. In the morning I just added some water and blended for about 45 seconds – done! I also had a small container overnight oats (rolled oats, chia seeds, plain almond milk) to fill me up for the morning. This combo kept me full for about 4 hours!
Lunch (sorry no pic): Warm Portobella, goat cheese and arugula salad from Terra Breads + HUUUGE latte. I needed a buzz. Don’t judge!
Cornbread (also from Terra)
Slow cooker pinto and black bean soup & half a yam topped with cottage cheese and green onion.
I told you the crockpot and I are getting along much better now. I guess I figured out that it simply cooks different from the stove or oven, and therefore I’m making different dishes, rather than trying to adapt a recipe for the slow cooker that’s actually meant to cook up quick.
I also found some more slow cooker recipes I definitely want to try:
- Rotisserie Chicken Mexican Stew (A Dash of Meg) – this sounds so ridiculously good, using rotisserie chicken – no pre-cooking of the meat involved!
- Slow Cooker Lasagna (Betty Crocker)
- Black Bean Enchiladas, BBQ shredded chicken and Overnight Oatmeal (The Kitchn)
Do you have any favourite crock pot meals you want to share? I’d love to read your ideas!