Wow, I missed almost an entire month of What I Ate Wednesday due to our Europe trip.
And I really don’t want to share today’s eats with you, because to be honest, they were less than healthy.
Instead, I would like to share the summer staples that made up for the majority of my eats this summer. So, how about both?
- Breakfast: coffee, homemade (from scratch!) Swedish cinnamon bun (kanelbulle – these are not as soft and spongy as the North American version, but dense, doughy and delicious)
- A.M. Snack: organic peach
- Late Lunch: Cheeseburger and Fries from a new local deli/diner just around the corner.
- P.M. Snack/Treat: another cinnamon bun
- Dinner (*planned as of writing this post*): Salad with sauteed mushrooms, heirloom tomato salsa, organic corn, hard boiled egg
OK, I guess today’s eats weren’t so bad after all.
- Summer Staples:
- Pizza (always a staple!)
- Organic Heirloom Tomatoes – we pick up a ton of those at the Farmers Market each week
- Organic Peaches and Plums – have you tried Champagne Peaches??? OMG!!! Foodgasm!!!
- Family BBQ’s
- Freshly squeezed orange juice (love Cyoni here in Vancouver, and we had a glass of Brämhult’s almost every morning in Sweden)
I’m not looking forward to the end of summer. It will be bittersweet. BUT, let’s focus on the fact that the farmers market is running until mid-October!
What did you eat today? What were your summer staples this year?
If you’d like to know more about What I Ate Wednesday or join in on the fun, check out Peas and Crayons.