I’ve been waiting all summer for this moment to come!
Behold: The Tomato! (cue evil laugh)
Of course, now you must be thinking something like So what? or What’s the big deal with this tomato?
But, before you think I’m completely crazy, let me tell you all about it.
This isn’t just any random tomato! It’s a heirloom tomato. The variety is called Brazilian Beauty. It’s organic. I grew it. On my balcony. I picked up the plant at the farmer’s market a few months ago. And now, my friends, it is time to harvest.
Despite my black thumb, this beautiful plump heirloom tomato made it! There are 4 more on the vine, but I’m still waiting for those to ripen.
This is not just any random tomato.
And I have grand plans for it! Only a sandwich with cave-aged Gruyere cheese can do justice for this tomato. Like this one:
OK, let’s move on to what you actually want to know.
Here are today’s eats for another #WIAW:
- Breakfast: By the way this was an epic fail last week… Today’s breakfast was a hardboiled egg, and a mug of coffee while running out the door.
- AM Snack during class: Another coffee and the last one of my chocolate cherry cashew bars, which were leftover from my July Foodie Penpals package sent to me by Sarah.
- Lunch: Leftover pasta and tomato sauce, shared with my little man
- PM Snack: Peach, Happy Planet Smoothie
- Dinner: Thai Veggie Currywith Shrimp + a glass of Vino Bianco! :p
I have to report that eating meatless is pretty easy, if you have fresh veggies on hand, but I really do need to make an effort to plan meals out and to not grab convenience foods. Those processed foods (including Amy’s organic burritos…) are sodium bombs! But still going strong for #veggieweek, if you are following me on twitter @susoniadotcom.
That’s it for today! If you want to learn more about What I Ate Wednesday, then head over to Jenn’s blog Peas and Crayons!
Oh, and I totally forgot:
***If you’re in the market for chocolate, make sure you check back here on Saturday, because I have a sweeeeeet giveaway coming up!***