I usually don’t plan more than 4-5 days ahead, because we don’t have a car and can’t make a huge grocery haul every week or two, but rather have the chance to buy fresh more often. Here’s what I’ll be making based on our recent grocery run.
- Lemon-Black Pepper Arctic Char with Green Bean Fries and garlic mayo. I made this last Tuesday and it was a hit so I decided to make it again. Protein: check. Veggies: check. Low-carb (except for the breadcrumbs in the crust): check. It’s a keeper.
- Veggie Soba Noodles with broccoli, carrot, peppers, onion, thai curry, coconut milk and topped with Bake-Fried Tofu
- Pasta with homemade Bolognese sauce (made a big batch, frozen in portions for two), and simple green salad
- Green baked eggs and simple salad
- Some kind of slow cooker chicken
- green smoothie, bread and cheese
- eggs (boiled or scrambled) and some kind of bread
- Overnight oats
- Tuna salad sandwich
- hummus and carrots
- Split Pea Soup (frozen leftovers)
- out and about
Do you plan your meals in advance? Or do you usually wing it? For me, it’s a mix of both. I always try to plan ahead, but I’m not strict on the days, so in case something comes up, we can always switch around or change our minds.
And does “FTW” actually stand for “for the week” (I know it’s also “for the win”)?